About Me

My photo
I have breast cancer and am a snappy dancer

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Oy, my liver - that smarts!!

Well, 2nd quadrasphere is done. I have to say that I was really glad that I knew what to expect this time, and super glad I was put under for it as well. However, wanna hear something ironic? Remember the whole morphine pump that was supposed to make everything better? Well, it works much better if its plugged in. Can you believe it? I really think this is hysterical to be honest. There I am, pushing this button, like 4-5 times, not hearing anything, and nothing happening because, you got it, it wasn't plugged in. So, once we got that figured out, then it did seem to help me quite a bit, however, everytime I would wake up out of a morphine sleep, I'd feel really great and rested, then immediately have to throw up. So I once again was sick like, 3-4 times this time again. But again, I knew what this felt like, so I was ready for it, and moved right through it. I must admit as well, that I prayed all the way through these moments too, something I didn't do last time because I was way too scared. This too helped. By Fri morning, I knew I had to switch from Morphine to Percocet - and that seemed to do the trick. No more throwing up, thank God. Now, the pain, the liver pain I'm experiencing this time, is much more intense than the last time, so I am trying to manage that.





Also, this is strange, but everything I drink tastes sugary - makes sense I guess considering what the function of your liver is - I just think it's so interesting how this organ, and having major trauma happen to it, can effect your overall body operation. Managing this pain has been a challenge this weekend, a real challenge. My husband, children, niece, mother and friends who have watched my kids and fed me have literally been a God send. Where would I be without these gifts God as given me?





I'm going to try to get back into the saddle again tomorrow, but I am still not moving around real fast yet, which is just real frustrating. The deal is now that I will go back in a month, get scanned, see what the deal is, and 'take a break' which, is fine w/ me. I will welcome a break, if it is safe for me to do so. My doc says we need to be careful not to hit the liver to hard too fast because of the possibility of liver failure, minor detail. I just want this thing gone. I'm so over this.





So I've heard from Rep Paul Gosar, and Senator John Kyl, and Senator John McCain kinda blew me off. But the other two are going to bat for me, and I'm thrilled. I keep praying that I will continue to receive this ground breaking treatment, and stay with this awesome team of people who just seem so focused on fighting this thing with me. I get such an 'army' feeling from them, ready to conquer this on my behalf.





I'm fading a bit now, but wanted to check in and let everyone know I am ok, and am adequately medicated, oh my am I medicated. I'll write more later this week.





God Bless -





Dina

1 comment:

  1. I love reading your blog and catching up with you. I miss you, girl.

    ReplyDelete