About Me

My photo
I have breast cancer and am a snappy dancer

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Chemo has given me man hands.

This is probably just the way my face and hand appears in this mirror in my room, but I totally feel like I have man hands. Weird.

So my infusion yesterday went fine - a little overwhelming and confusing - kind of a paperwork nightmare while they switched me from in patient to out patient - but around like, 4:30 all seemed to be right with the chemo world, and I was on my way with my first infusion. Unfortunately, I'm getting the yukky steroids to start with, which just make my face all flush and uncomfortable - but oh well. This too shall pass. They hooked me up with my little nylon bag to carry around with me, which is fine. Weird, but fine. My first chemo infusion went fine - my belly was a bit upset last night, but all settled down by around 10 or so. It felt good to get up to my room, shower (THAT was entertaining) and climbing into bed with my chemo pack in the place where my husband would normally live.

Today I was blessed to have my friends from my church come down and have lunch with me, then my brother in law showed up right when I went into infusion again for the day so I had a lot of company that it went by really fast. Tomorrow I have my girlfriends driving down for a morning visit then a friend of my moms coming by in the afternoon then my brother in law coming for dinner. Wow. This is so very cool I actually get to spend time with these people without interruption. How blessed am I that I have this support system ready and willing to come down here to see me and spend time with me. They are filling my days with love and laughter and not allowing me to wallow in the yukky side of why I am here. Truly Gods hand at work in my life, yet again. I'm going to be here till Monday - not Sunday like I had originally been told, but that's ok. I'm hoping PJ can maybe come back down on Sunday, work from here on Monday then take me home after my infusion. I should be done and ready to go home by that point. Can't wait. I miss my girls so much, my heart hurts. We got to oovoo today and it felt so good to see them, Ginger actually asked PJ if she could hug me through the computer. My heart just sank. Madeline is going on her first slumber party with a schoolmate of her tomorrow, so I was drilling my mom to get her little bag packed and trying to play my mom role from all the way down here. Madeline needs some fun time - and she seems really ready to do this, I'm so proud of her. Bummer that I am going to miss the experience live and in person, but so glad she gets to do this.

Well, I'm actually feeling a bit nauseous right now, so I think I am going to take a compazine and lay down. Got this way a bit this morning too - just rested and it all passed. That is soooo hard to do - because I have a list in my head of things I want to get done, but I must listen to my body and give it what it needs. Especially now. This is the place to do it.

Thank you all for your kind words, your prayers, your energy - I feel it all and it is helping me. 2 down, 4 more to go. Just keep swimming, just keep swimming....

God Bless-

No comments:

Post a Comment