About Me

My photo
I have breast cancer and am a snappy dancer

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

I Was In The Pool!!!!!

Pardon my random Seinfeld reference, but ladies and gentlemen, we have shrinkage. Yes. Had my appt today at CTCA and after a PET, CT and Xray - here is the diagnosis right from the page:



The patient has known hepatic metastases. In the left lobe of the liver near the dome of the diaphragm there is a 2.8cm lesion which is slightly smaller that on the prior study. Previously this measured at least 3.1cm. Currently maximal SUV (this is metabolic activity) as decreased and is 6.04. Previously this measured at least 9.59. The central portion of the lesion appears to be necrotic (this means dead). The second lesion in the right lobe of the liver is vague in outline and appears to be necrotic (this means dead). This has a maximal SUV of 5.03 and previously measured 7.64. This is compatible with response to therapy.

Hallelujah!!! Thank you Jesus! This is the first time since this shit came back that I was headed in the 'shrinking' direction, much less the 'dead' direction. I can't tell you how happy I am. I was so at peace heading into this today - not anxious, not afraid, not stressed. Just at complete peace. It was lovely. Everything went so smoothly today, and this news just brought me to tears. It was nice to have my mom by my side when they told me - how blessed I am to have her by my side just in general. What a gift.

They want to see me again in 30 days where they will do a physical exam and a blood draw then, I think I go through another series of tests the end of Jan. I remember one of my nurses when she was explaining Theresphere to me in the very beginning that I would see some results in 3 weeks but the real results would come in 12 weeks. What a joy though, to know this, and to know I don't have to be on anything for awhile. I think that is what I'm most grateful for, not having to take any drugs. What a Christmas gift I've been given. What a gift.

I have to say something really quick about the Comedy for a Cause benefit put together by my good friends, Travis and Carolyn. This was last Tues night, and I can't even begin to tell you how amazing this was. To see all these amazing people, and to laugh like I haven't laughed in I can't remember when, was such a gift. The $$ raised for us was mind blowing, and I once again am so humbled by how good people are - really, truly, good people. I can't thank all these people enough, especially Trav & Carolyn. I know it's wicked corny, but I keep having that line from Sound of Music go through my head - 'for somewhere in my youth, or childhood - I must have done something good'. Indeed - I must have. Wow.

I have to get up tomorrow and head down to Phx again - this time for my sweet Madeline. She is having some tests done to make sure her kidney function is working properly. Long story short ( and it is a long involved saga) she had a fever with a UTI a couple months back and they want to make sure she is OK sa this is a red flag for possible kidney issues. So here's the kicker - she has to have an ultra sound and a catheter inserted tomorrow. A 5 year old with a catheter. I am just beside myself. I am praying tonight for peace - and that I'll kick into MOM GEAR real quick tomorrow. It just hurts my heart, quite literally, to even entertain the possibility of her getting hurt, or something yukky like this having to happen to her. But - God always shows me the way, and he gives me the words to say when I am at a loss. Please, think of Madeline tomorrow. I told her when she is done we can go anywhere for lunch that she wants. She has picked ice cream. Shocking.

I am really sleepy, so I will try to post more later this week. Thank you for your prayers and thoughts - so much.

5 comments:

  1. That's wonderful news!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The 'decreased metabolic activity' and 'necrotic' parts of the study say it all---you have healthy, happy cells taking over, just like they should be! Way fun (sick, I know) to read your report :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I am so happy for you. Lots of prayers coming your way for Madline. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hallelujah and Praise Be to God! Merry Christmas. Miss and Love you much, Pr. Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. The beginning of our Lords work in miracles! "Be still, and know I am the Lord." Prayers for your Madeline and for Mom. In Him-

    ReplyDelete