About Me

My photo
I have breast cancer and am a snappy dancer

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Let's Get Radiated!!!!!

So, I have this picture collage on my mirror on my side of our bathroom that contains pictures of me - pre cancer - pre Ginger even - when I was at my ideal weight. This is to serve as a motivator to me to lose these unwanted pounds. I have been looking at this for a couple moths now - and I look at this person in these pictures and find it hard to remember who exactly she was. I mean, I remember thinking I was a pretty good person then, but now, looking back, I'm not sure how accurate that statement or feeling really was. In retrospect I mean - which, I understand, not everyone gets the opportunity to do this. Ironically, I miss her. I don't miss who I 'was', but in a very shallow way, I miss how I felt, how I looked. And I know, I won't look like that again. I may get close - with will and determination, which to be honest, I sometimes lack for long periods of time - but I will never look exactly the same. Frustrating, and enlightening, all at the same time.

So tomorrow morning is the big day. I go in at 7:45 am for my therasphere procedure - and I'm ready. I've been fighting a sinus/chest thing the past 2 days, so I'm hoping that doesn't cause any major problems, wish I felt a bit more up to par, but excited nonetheless. Then I think I will be hooked up with the one drug that I will stay on for 6 days straight then at some point have my first infusion of the chemo drug. Little nervous about that - wondering how I will react. To be honest, I'm going into this thinking I'm going to be just fine. Maybe tired, but lately, I'm pretty much always tired, so I'm thinking of this as like a little mini cancer vacation. Get to hang out at CTCA for a mere 6 days and see what's going down in Goodyear. Woo Hoo!

Thank you for your thoughts, your prayers, your good wishes. Now - let's go kick this tumor on it's ass and thank the Lord for a cancer free Dina, eh?

Night Night - and God Bless -

3 comments:

  1. Just read from PJ on Twitter that all went well and you are now resting. So glad to hear that! Loads and loads of good vibes & well wishes have been sent out to you and your family, so I know you're going to be ok. :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So proud of you Dina. You amaze me. You are beautiful just as you are, inside and outside.
    God bless that srong will of yours.
    Seee you in a few days !

    ReplyDelete