About Me

My photo
I have breast cancer and am a snappy dancer

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Good News Travels Slow

The most comforting words I received this past week - 'Dina, bad news travels fast, good news always travels slow'. So true - finally got a call yesterday from my pediatric neurologist that Ginger's MRI was normal. Thank you God. I held my heart and just cried tears of joy. We still don't know the WHY but at least we now know what it's NOT and that, is so frickin awesome. We can now breathe a $1700 sigh of relief. Now, I didn't actually speak to the dr on this, so I haven't connected with him as to his thoughts on what to do for the future, but I have to say, I have already seen a dramatic change in who Ginger is with the small adjustments I've made in raising her since her last seizure Dec 19th. I think sometimes we just subconsciously assume the 2nd child is the same as the first - she definitely is not. I make her eat, she drinks very little milk now, I keep her routine very consistent, I tune into her when her surroundings get too chaotic for her, and I can totally tell when that happens. I thought at first it was just wishful thinking on my part, but after these results, I know my gut is right on this. Looking back and her seizures I've realized some other commonalities that made me make these changes, and I just feel, in my gut, that they are working. We'll see. For now, I am so happy and praising God for this news. Thank you.

I have my next appt at CTCA on thurs - my insurance will only pay for a PET scan every 3 months, so I will be having a CT scan and then we will have the final 12 week results from the theresphere. I will meet with my team of drs and see what the deal is. The beauty of CTCA is I get the results right then, no waiting. So cool. I figure worse case scenario is they will recommend I get the other half of my liver done - but best case scenario is its gone and we're on to the estrogen blocker. I am ready for whatever they have to throw at me. I have been feeling so wonderful lately, and have really made some strides to my life to promote a healthier lifestyle, both physically & spiritually. I am reminded each day how precious this life is, and what a privilege it is to be here.

So I was in my plastic surgeons office today with Ginger, and he has booked me for my final appt for reconstruction - the tatooing of the aereolas. I go in on Feb 15 and if I am healed enough, I go right in for the tatooing. Anyway, Dr leaves the office after my exam and Ginger is sitting on the chair in the exam room playing with the sample silicone implant. I look over to her and she presses her face into the implant and makes this huge fart sound into it. We both started laughing so hard, it was awesome.

The message from this past Sunday's sermon has really stuck with me. The phrase was 'God is bigger than the boogeyman'. I try to remember to give my hurt, my pain, my frustration, my fear - all those emotions to the Lord. What I forget, is to hand the very thing that causes me these things over to Him. Complete trust. When I have remembered to do this, He always takes care of me. So right here, right now, I am handing Thursday's appt to Him. I trust Him completely. Whew! Now I can go paint my toenails!

God Bless -

1 comment:

  1. You need a paypal button so when people feel the urge, they can paypal you a donation for all this stuff... I showed you the other blog I have been following about little Scarlett... They have a button and have been collecting from doo-gooders to offset the expenses... You need one, too.

    http://brandiandchris.blogspot.com/2010/12/hospital-life.html

    Love you~Sam

    ReplyDelete