About Me

My photo
I have breast cancer and am a snappy dancer

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Day Two on Planet CTCA

So day one was a whirlwind. I met w/ 6 different doctors all before noon. I have to tell you it was refreshing and amazing to know that all these medical professionals had already READ my file, knowing pretty much everything about me before they came into meet me. The thought that they took the time to do this was amazing. The thought that all these professionals were all dedicated to meeting on ME and MY CASE is quite a humbling feeling. My feeling that everyone going through cancer should have this available to them was strong, and overwhelming.

On the agenda today, I have a PET scan scheduled for this morning after I meet with my primary care physician to discuss my blood test results, then I have the first part of and MRI. I finish my MRI tomorrow morning, then meet with my entire team in the early afternoon to be presented with my treatment plan.

Yesterday, I spoke with nurses, my primary care physician, a naturopathic, a clinical oncologist nutritionist, a mind and body therapist and patient advocate. Pretty frickin amazing. The thought that they all do this together, as a team, is really quite a simple concept, isn't it? I mean, duh - this just makes the most sense. To take all these smart people in one place, then have their focus be on one patient at a time, I mean, wow. My discussions with them all yesterday were fine. The therapist reminded me I needed to laugh, especially with my husband more. I mean, I usually don't have a problem accessing my sense of humor - but I've been so stuck in my head lately, this was a nice reminder for me. Plus this whole experience has kinda been starting over, reliving this whole thing, which I have to admit has been difficult. But again, trying to hone into my sense of humor and trust in God. Sometimes we gotta just get ourselves out of our heads, right?

Hate to cut it short, but I've got to run to my dr appt and PET scan. I'll check in this evening.

God Bless -

2 comments:

  1. Hey, just thinking about you. Please keep me posted on how things are going.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you and still have your shower cap... maybe I should wear it for you and run down a few halls?

    <3 Johanna

    ReplyDelete