About Me

My photo
I have breast cancer and am a snappy dancer

Friday, September 10, 2010

If you want to be a Superhero, do you go to Superhero College?

Madeline asked me that during our discussion on the way home the other day. I was explaining what college was and told her that sometimes (I re-emphasize SOMETIMES) it is easier to pick a college when you know what you want to be when you grow up - like a doctor goes to medical school, or a lawyer goes to law school. Then she asked me the superhero question. I told her we would have to ask her dad but that I thought I would totally make sense to have a superhero school. I love my kids.

So here I sit here this fair Friday morning, not able to eat or drink anything as I have surgery here in a couple hours. My brother in law, bless his dear soul, came up to handle my kids for me while I am gone today - and I love and trust his dearly, it's just so hard to let my children out of my sight. I had a hard time saying goodbye as he climbed into the van with them this morning.

I feel pretty good about this surgery - I'm obviously excited and want this done and over with already - but want to relish in it a bit as well. OH - my scan results - well, they were stable. No change. Which, considering I had only had 2 treatment and my cancer has been growing at a steady rate of 1cm every 2 months, is good news to me. My onc said she felt it was too early to tell anything, but I think this tells a lot. I'm holding onto it anyway.

My prayer warriors were in full force throttle yesterday, led by my inspiration, Pastor Mary. Pastor Mary is moving away this month - and I will miss her dearly. I can't imagine what my prayer time, or what my time in general, will be quite like without her near. I am selfishly sad for me - but so excited for her new endeavor. Gotta move with the cheese dammit. Not so much fun sometimes.

So my surgery is at 11:30 this morning, takes less than an hour, so I'm hoping to be back up here by 5ish at the latest. We'll see. I've got my appt set with Cancer Treatment Centers of America - it is a 3 day intake process - and I go on the 20th. I'm hopeful. My friend Lani put this best yesterday, because the term 'second opinion' wasn't sitting well with me - it sounds so sneaky and doubtful of my current treatment, and that is not how I feel. She said that it is simply more. More information, and more information is always good. I like this, thanks Lani.

My husband has started the car, so I best be off - wish me luck with the insertion of my squishies - never thought I'd wish for some sagginess, but alas, I miss some sag.

God Bless -

No comments:

Post a Comment