About Me

My photo
I have breast cancer and am a snappy dancer

Sunday, March 28, 2010

I've learned the concept of creating your own beliefs. Cool.

So I did finally get a room and I did indeed nestle. Ahhhhhhh. Feel much, much better now. My husband is the BEST - have I mentioned this before? He has packed me plates, bowls, a cutting board, forks, spoons, knives - he even packed me a sharp knife and fashioned a sheath of sorts out of cardboard and duct tape. He is the frickin best. See, I certainly can't afford to eat out here every night, so i brought a ton of special K cereal and milk, then finally ventured out to the grocery store today. We are on a wicked tight budget, but it is amazing what you can do without when you have to - so no biggie.

I have a roommate who is taking this course with me, and thank you Jesus, she is not a kook. Yay! I was afraid she might be, because, well, I tend to attract them. But alas, no - she is wicked cool and although our experiences thus far are at opposite ends of the spectrum, we get along just great. Then again, our lives are at different ends of the spectrum - coincidence? In any case, I'm blessed to know her.

Now, this course. I don't want to go on and on about it here - because, well, I just don't feel like explaining it. This is really something you have to be curious about and explore yourself - because it is very much an individual experience. The core of it, for me, is, I have the power to create my own belief system, then experience it, rather than believe something that I have experienced. Sounds confusing I know - and this is a very small piece of what this is for me - but it really is a cool perspective. And, this is cool, this completely ties in with my Stephen Ministry training, as well as my faith - which is HUGE. So I feel like I'm being led through this process, not only by my trusted physician, but by God himself. So cool.

I miss my family so much. I'll miss Easter with them - but I know that this is really important work I'm doing. I'm healing in other ways here - which is very powerful. It's exactly the piece I was searching for - exactly. How blessed am I that I have a family that allows me this time for me to heal - what a gift.

Tired now, must sleep. I apparently snore without the percocet too - I think I am officially a snorer. There was a moment yesterday when it was announced "if anyone has roommate issues please let so and so know". I panicked for a minute thinking 'I wonder if she will say something like 'I can't stay with this woman she snores like a drunken sailor!'". Well, we're still together, so maybe it's cute? Ok no - she's just a nice person - again, a gift.

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment