About Me

My photo
I have breast cancer and am a snappy dancer

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Some Vino - Would be Keeno

That is one of the best lines from one of the best movies of all time. Bachelor Party with Tom Hanks. Now, if you have seen it you are probably saying "Oh Yea! That movie was great!!! Because you most likely saw it when it came out in 1984 - however, if you are thinking "hey, I've never seen that movie, maybe I'll put that in my Netflix cue" - don't do this. It is one of those movies you needed to see and appreciate when it came out - if you see it now for the first time it just comes off at super stupid. Sorry.

Anyhow, I got to go out with a girlfriend of mine tonight and sit and have a glass of wine (or two!) and kibitz. It was AWESOME!!! I didn't go until the kids were in bed so I didn't feel completely guilty, and my hubby handled all of the "i need a drink of water!" requests for the evening - God bless him. I needed this so badly as I have been meaning to hook up with this friend for some time now, it's just so hard to carve out this kind of time. We did it though, and had an awesome time. How blessed I am to have such wonderful girlfriends. The threadline of motherhood, that is for sure. We would go completely insane if we didn't have each other, eh?

WOW session today went great. We sang this song in first hour that had they lyrics "You Move Me" and it of course was talking about God. But not in the sense of being 'emotionally moved' by Him - but being physically moved by Him through this life. I identified with it almost immediately, and it is rare I feel this with the music of first hour, or any kind of religious music of any kind really. I've really only taken to a handful of inspirational music like this, and this song spoke to me this morning. Made me cry. But then again, I can cry at just about any time lately - in any circumstance. This would be the perfect time for me to audition for that dramatic role I've always wanted - I would totally nail it.

I'm feeling good, my girls were great today, and I really can't complain about anything today. One interesting thing I've been experiencing that I've been meaning o write about it my hair regrowth. This is very strange. It's almost like my second coat is coming in. Isn't that funny? Like, when I was done w/ all my chemo, my hair started coming in - and in full force. But it was like, pushing my scraggly chemo hair out of the way. Like, power hair or something. Now, all that hair is kinda falling out (I'm speaking mostly of my eyelashes here - the hair on my head is out of control YEA!!) my new hair is coming in. So my eyelashes went from wicked long to now kinda stubbly again. A 'new coat' of eyelashes. Weird eh? Still no feeling under my right arm pit which I think I'm just getting used to, and I'm digging my short hair. It's fun to style actually. I'm going to be going blond right before my surgery - which I am very excited about. I look at all these photos of me before cancer with this long auburn hair, and I just am not that person anymore. I want to grow my hair out again, but I don't want to try to look like I did - because, well, I can't, and also, because I'm not. Does that make sense? Just need a change is all. I'll post some pics here soon.

Need to get some sleep - MOPS meeting in the am and this will be night #2 with no sleep aids or pain meds. Last night went fine - thank God.

God Bless -

No comments:

Post a Comment