About Me

My photo
I have breast cancer and am a snappy dancer

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

My Boobs Broke Your Glasses

How embarrassing. I was hugging one of my previous classmates this morning after first hour WOW and I indeed popped her lens right out of her glasses. I was wearing the 'big guns' today - not the foamy falsies. Funny thing is, I didn't feel a thing (obviously) just saw the damage I had caused when we released from the embrace. What do you say? I'm not sure what the correct thing would have been, but what came out of my mouth was 'Oh My God! I'm sorry! My boobs just broke your glasses!" Good thing she knew my story or this would have caused much confusion I'm sure. Such is my life now. Oy.

Wanna hear something weird? I miss having my period. I see these commercials for feminine products and I just get sad. And it's not like not having your period because you're pregnant - that is totally different. That was like a well deserved break for a time - this, just feels like I'm not in the 'club' anymore. Having your period was a consistent reminder that you're a woman. Something I would bitch about as much as the next person when it came around each month, but now that it's gone, I feel like the outsider looking into every other woman's, well, womanhood. I don't think of it much independently really, in fact, it really only crosses my mind when I see an ad in a magazine or commercial on tv - but when I do, I see them and my mind holds on and wanders for a bit. Something else that was taken from me without any time to really mentally prepare for it. Sucks.

I'm super tired this evening. I asked my husband if he thought it was normal for me to be so tired in the evenings and he reminded me of how busy I am - what an incredible validation from my husband. This was monumental to me - for my husband to not miss a beat and recognize all that I try to accomplish for my family. Although I'm not doing this for the accolades (thank you Michelle from my WOW class, what a gift you are!)it still helps for him to give me props for this. Cuz seriously, this is indeed the hardest job I've ever had in my life. I wonder sometimes if I would have had the opportunity to have all the enlightenment I've had through this process if I were still working my corporate job - then I think - well, you're NOT working that corporate job, so who the hell cares? Right? I am blessed to be in the position I am in, and have been in since we moved here, to have had the opportunity to experience spirituality of great proportion. It is how it was supposed to be.

Alright, must sleep. Perhaps Madeline will once again sneak into my bed at 4 in the morning, strategically place various stuffed animals beside PJ and myself, and then nestle in behind me and - no lie here - spoon me. Her little arm around my waist and then whispers to me 'I love you mom' - my little angel.

God Bless -

2 comments:

  1. Just realized that you changed your profile blurb to "had" breast cancer... It made me smile to see all the friends you have collected along the way who read your blog and all the adventures and discoveries you have made, and now as you begin to heal up the scars and fill in some of the holes left by the experience... you get to say 'had'... I love this. I love that your kids and their toddler'ness get to take precedence and poop and seasonal stuff get to take over where the plaque was. I'm so proud of you. So, so proud to know you. Love you, Sami

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can have my period...
    Love,
    Tara

    ReplyDelete