About Me

My photo
I have breast cancer and am a snappy dancer

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

To Poop or Not to Poop - That is the Question.

My sweet Ginger was up all night pretty much last night. She was horribly constipated and after I got home from class (which was frickin AMAZING) last night around 9:30, fixed a late dinner for PJ and I it was almost 11 - in bed at midnight - Ginger started fussing around 12:30 - then 1:30 - then up at 3 till just around 5 - then up again at 6:30. Needless to say, I am a bit tired this evening. We tried a suppository in the middle of the night, and it didn't work. Not till this afternoon after PJ went to the store and got prune juice (the ol stand by) did she finally get some relief. I felt so bad for her. She's the kind of baby that really just wants to be in her bed and sleep - I could tell she was as annoyed at this whole thing as much as I was.

In retrospect, I have to say I adore being her mom. I adore being a mom in general - and as much as I wanted to sleep (wrong night to take a sleep aid I guess) I was so grateful to be her mommy, to console her, to lay with her on the couch and feel her warmth against my chest - and smell her - I felt so blessed to be her mommy. And all she wanted was me to hold her. I can't even begin to explain how awesome that is. The comfort brought to your child just by holding them close. I was so aware of how close we were at that very moment, that this phase of motherhood is just so precious. I may sound completely mushy here, and that may very well be a side effect to the exhaustion I feel right now, but it's true.

Madeline and I spent the evening together tonight which was equally as cool. We visited another potential grade school and this experience was way better than the one we had last week. It was fun. Then we ran to the mall and had some dinner together (enjoyed a slice of pizza together) then ran to the drugstore and shared skittles on the way home. She is a pretty good hang. We sang songs in the car and made up knock knock jokes that didn't make sense but laughed anyway. I was reassured tonight, by just spending this time with her, how ready she is for this next step. She is going to be an awesome little student. I'm already so proud of her. We visit the last on our list of schools on Thurs evening - then we will just have to pick and wait and see what happens. We're 'out of district' you see, so we get picked last. I'm truly going with my gut, covering my bases, and putting this is God's hands. He will put her where He thinks she needs to be, and I need to trust that. I'm going to register her in a couple different schools, and have my favorite, but we'll see.

I have got to find some relief for this sciatic nerve thing - the back of my right leg is in pretty much constant pain as of late. Exercise is helping, but at night is when it really gets bad. The bowenworks is just not cutting it - and I need to get some other sort of treatment. I've been taking percocet WAY too much (one at night but every night when I go to sleep which is just wrong) and it's also making me horribly constipated. (I felt Ginger's pain, literally, today - guess we're connected in that fashion as well - oh joy). I know yoga has been recommended, but it's hard for me to find a class that coincides with my schedule w/ my kids. Hard to find a class period up here - not a lot of options. I miss the Bikram Yoga in NYC - so awesome. Not for everyone, but I thought it was awesome.

I'm going to try to not take a pill before bed tonight, and see how I do. I suppose Advil PM would work as well - we'll see.

Falling asleep - must crash. WOW tomorrow, and everyone's bowels seem to be in order. Life is good.

God Bless -

No comments:

Post a Comment