About Me

My photo
I have breast cancer and am a snappy dancer

Monday, April 27, 2009

Just when you thought it couldn't get worse......

I'm going to keep this brief as this information is still digesting in me and I can't quite get a grasp on it yet. Oncologist wanted to see me pronto today - inside I knew something was up, but rationalized it. Seems my PET/CT scan shows the breast cancer has spread to my 3 vertebrae in my spine, my femur next to my pelvis and my liver. Surgery is postponed and chemo is starting immediately. I am receiving a treatment tomorrow for my back to start alleviating that area, but she is most concerned about the liver. I hopefully will start chemo as early as next week - but we have lots of tests to do before that.

As I write this, I cannot believe this is happening to me. Tonight I cried with my husband, my father and Nancy. Tomorrow I will take Madeline to school. Will write more later, just can't seem to do it right now. I'm going to take some Vicodin and go to sleep, after I clean the kitchen of course.

7 comments:

  1. You are in my thoughts constantly. This is utterly shocking. I can find no words to comfort you right now. Zero. I’m just heartbroken. Just “kick cancer’s ass” is all I can think of…but we know it’s not that simple. Keep writing, let it pour out of you. You have to let the bad out to let in room for the good…. Love you and sending all my positive energy to you, PJ, the girls and the pup.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dina, P.J., and the girls- All I can say right now is that I love you all and I am thinking and praying for you. Love, Amy and Brian Cashatt

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang in there Dina - hold tight and open yourself to miracles for they abound and surely you are due a few! We love you all. Karen and Fred

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Dina, I am Michelle Sellitti's mom. I went thru major surgery for cancer too. Hang in there and know that we are all praying for you. If you need me to hook you up with anything, I am still quite medically connected in NY. [my oncologist is in NY plus I worked in a cancer center for many years]. If there is anything I can do for you, please know that I am here for you. This is so not fair.... but you will get thru this will the love and support of your family and friends. Email me anytime. xo Donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. By the way... it's Michelle's mom again. There is a book. It's called "Crazy, Sexy, Cancer." Send me your address and I promise to send you the book. Words cannot express to you how I feel for you and understand you. Stay strong, let it out & immerse yourself with people who love you. We all do. Zingara318@aol.com

    kisses
    donna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi sweeetie....Britt and I are thinking of you as we all try to digest the latest happenings. I only wish I could be with you to assist in any way. If I can make phone calls, write notes, do anything, please don't hesitate to let us know. We love you very much and our prayers and thoughts are with you, Mom and Britt (Angel, too)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dina, PJ - God must think very highly of you - as in, "he never gives you anything you can't handle" But I'm thinking he might want to back off a bit . . .
    As you can tell from my poor sense of humor, I'm speechless at this news. All I can say is to hang in there, and know that many many people are sending their love, prayers, and positive thoughts your way minute by minute. If there is anything we can do you only have to ask. As far as the many decisions you need to make, trust yourselves and your hearts - you will know what is right for you.
    We love you all - Keitha & Harold

    ReplyDelete