About Me

My photo
I have breast cancer and am a snappy dancer

Monday, November 23, 2009

Hurry up with your compassion! I gotta get to Costco!

So I had to run some errands while Madeline was in school today - and decided that I would pick up some food for a woman with a sign 'Homeless - Need Help' who was just at the entrance of the supermarket. So I pull over to the right slightly to get out and give her some food when this woman coming up behind me honks at me. Can you believe this? I mean, I can only hope that she didn't realize what I was doing and felt like a complete ass once she did - I can hope.

So good day today, I am feeling stronger and stronger day by day. It feels great. Took Madeline to school and ran errands in town with the soundtrack to Glee blaring from my vehicle (thank you Sean and Joe). This was a little more appropriate I think than my typical Lady Gaga - I'd venture to guess I'm probably the only parent of a preschooler at the Lutheran church who knows all the words to Love Game. Not to worry, this does not get played with children in the car. :-) Anyhoo - it's amazing how good I'm feeling - like I didn't realize I didn't feel good - or my definition of 'good' was something completely different than it is now. I can literally feel myself having more energy, it's so exciting. Hard to explain. I am getting around with more ease too - and there have been times I completely forget I've just had surgery, which is pretty cool. Still not sure about how the left side is doing - we'll find out tomorrow at my early morning dr appt in Phx. I think my definition of 'healing' is also completely skewed now too. I think this open wound thing is revolting looking - so I'm curious as to what the doc has to say about it. I'm praying for healing, continued healing.

I've been able to adjust w/ Ginger and she too seems to be adjusting as well. I lift her onto my lap from the sitting position, I get her into her crib by using a stool for her to climb up on - she's such a trooper. She's getting quick though - she likes to swipe things she knows she is not supposed to have then when you catch her, she runs away, giggling of course. Running after her is a little tough. I'm finding different ways to connect with her, and it's really nice. When I'm sitting on the floor, I can hug her and it feels so good. I didn't realize how important this connection was to me. It so great to be getting it back.

I hate to cut this short, but I'm falling asleep here. Not tired enough during the days to take a nap lately, so when bedtime comes, I'm super tired. Trying to keep my patience about me and know this healing process is just long and takes a lot out of me. Frustrating!


God Bless -

No comments:

Post a Comment