About Me

My photo
I have breast cancer and am a snappy dancer

Monday, January 25, 2010

Where do I put my boobs while I work out?

So - Ginger and I joined the Y today and we're both very excited. Although, her membership card has the wrong name on it I noticed (she's 20 months, what is the point of her having a card in the first place?) we'll fix that tomorrow. I'm looking forward to utilizing my mornings in this manner - and really excited to have the energy to do so. This is going to make a world of difference for all of us, thank you God. I am having a dilemma trying to decide where to store my boobs while I work out - I mean, I'm not wearing them to exercise in - they could get all sweaty and smelly and it's not like they're really attached to anything, they are just held in by the bra, so one could easily shift, or fall out even. And if that happened, I would venture to guess I would be one of the only people laughing. So, I think I'll keep the surgical bra in my locker, then put that one on when I'm done. I'm going to have to wear like a sweatshirt or something though, I would feel too self conscious in just a t-shirt. Ug. As if we women needed anything else to try to organize for our gym time - arg.

Fat Smash is going well today, so far so good. It's funny, you can really see where your bad eating habits are by not allowing any type of snacks or anything, at least I have noticed this today. I am totally a stress eater - I found myself wanting to go straight for the cookie jar when Ginger was having a mini meltdown this afternoon.
No, I didn't take one - I smelled one though. It smelled very yummy. Then I had a banana. Yay Me!

Madeline has been having a real hard time sleeping through the night lately - which in turn has caused me sleepless nights as well. So I'm going to sign off early here to try to get some sleep. I think although she loves these cartoons with ghosts and stuff in them, I think she's getting scared - but just won't admit it. So I told her we were putting any scary monster, alien or Scooby Doo movie and giving them all a break for awhile. She handled it fine, and so I told PJ what the deal was for tonight as I had class tonight - I come home and ask how the whole movie thing went and he said 'fine'. I asked what movie he let them watch for bed, and he said 'The Wizard of Oz'. Hello? Witch? Flying monkeys? I still get a bit freaked out by that scene. Well, they're sleeping now. We'll see. I should just put Charlotte's Web on a loop.

I'll let you know what I come up with for boob storage tomorrow. Who knew this would be such an issue.

God Bless -

1 comment:

  1. Dina, I have done everything with my fake boob (granted I only have one) but I have never had it fall out of my mastectomy bra or bathing suit or anything and I have jogged, swam, done my nordic track etc. In six years I have never had it fall out of my mastectomy bra... love my bras by the way they are made by Amoena. They make really nice mastectomy bras.. they are not your "granny" bras either. Maybe the bra is not snug enough??? If they get sweaty then just wipe it off. Mine is silicone filled so it is weighted.. no one knows which is my real and which is my fake.

    I do joke with the nurses at the Breast Center when I have to go for my yearly mamo and tell them they still have not gotten me my "boobie shelf"

    If you are planning on doing any swimming at the Y, Land's End makes awesome mastectomy suits... going to buy myself a new one and am already looking!!!

    ReplyDelete