About Me

My photo
I have breast cancer and am a snappy dancer

Monday, October 26, 2009

Chinese Drywall Boobs

So, PJ and I were talking about the contaminated drywall ordered by contractors in the housing boom way back when that is now causing people's homes to be contaminated, claims denied on their homeowners policies and not losing their homes because they can't get coverage. We were discussing this this evening while he was washing me with my hospital cloths, and making the comparison that I had contaminated drywall boobs, but now have new improved, uncontaminated boobs. He started this conversation, at least I have pain killers to explain my thought patters lately.

Anyhoo - OK day today, just trying to get into a rhythm here at home. It's so frustrating to not be able to be very mobile - I had no idea. There were moments today where I literally just stood in the middle of the room and almost screamed because I knew I needed to do something, and just couldn't do it. Then I knew I needed to just relax and be at peace, and listen. I need to listen to my body, and give it what it needs. I have to. How blessed I am that I am able to do this. Nancy is such a blessing. She will be staying with me all day for awhile until I can get my strength back. Trying to line up some other help so I don't burn her our bless her heart, we'll see how that goes.

Pain today continues to be strange. I get cold, like chilled all over. I know this is my body healing, but such a strange sensation. Not feverish, just cold, on the inside. Then, if you have ever been to the chiropractor and had him place those little electrodes on your back? I get those feelings every now and then on my chest. Along with the muscle pain whenever I use these muscles, which is, pretty much all the time. But, I am able to get up and down by myself, and actually sat sideways on the couch this evening for a bit while watching Heroes. So, slow and steady wins the race here.

My girls are great - still really miss holding my little Ginger, but we've found a way to have her hug me with a pillow between us. Not the same, but a hug nonetheless, and I'll take it.

I'm starting to have a little anxiety about Thurs, getting my bandages removed for the first time, but know if I just think on this a bit longer, I feel at peace. Just need to remember to let myself get there each time my brain goes there, if that makes any sense.

Forgive me for the Stephen King endings on my posts lately, but they are just going to be a bit short for awhile, it's really hard for me to sit up and type for very long. So off I go. Thanks to Jessica for her visit today and the yummy dinner. You kept my family fed and happy this evening, I am forever grateful.

God Bless -

No comments:

Post a Comment