About Me

My photo
I have breast cancer and am a snappy dancer

Friday, October 9, 2009

Message Received - Loud And Clear!

I know I don't usually post on the weekends, but after my rant last night, I needed to share what my devotional read this morning. When I woke up this morning, I hadn't quite shaken that rant from last night, then I read my devotional, in the MORNING for a change, and I am astounded. Clearly, this message was specifically for me today.

October 9th
You have been on a long, uphill journey, and your energy is almost spent. Though you have faltered at times, you have not let go of My hand. I am pleased with your desire to stay close to Me. There is one thing, however, that displeases Me: your tendancy to complain. You may talk to Me as much as you like about the difficulty of the path we are following. I understand better than anyone else the stresses and strains that have afflicted you. You can ventilate safely to Me, because talking with Me tempers your thoughts and helps you see things from My perspective.

Complaining to others is another matter altogether. It opens the door to deadly sins such as self-pity and rage. Whenever you are tempted to grumble, come to Me and talk it out. As you open up to Me, I will put My thoughts in your mind and My song in your heart.


This message was so powerful to me, I needed to share it. No, I'm not going to be copying my whole devotional here in this blog - but when something is so frickin appropriate, I feel obligated to share it. This is exactly where I was last night, and this just put it all in perspective for me. So, my apologies for the 'grumbling' all. Have a lovely weekend.

God Bless -

2 comments:

  1. We are all entitled to our down days, and you do really have reasons. Don't feel guilty about that, we are human and God knows it. He made us that way! Your devotionals are incredible and I have bought them for myself. You do so much for so many with this blog. Give yourself a break.

    (I had the honor of meeting you at Cosco)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, just shows you how God really does know right where you are physically and mentally! He will never leave you! (I am finally reading The Shack-remember all of Macks deep conversations with Papa, Jesus, and Sarayu)

    Love Karen
    PS do you want to go to Pony Espresso next Monday while girls are in school?

    ReplyDelete