About Me

My photo
I have breast cancer and am a snappy dancer

Monday, October 12, 2009

Mommy - You Need To Exercise

Out of the mouths of babes, eh? This is what Madeline said to me this afternoon. I told her I couldn't agree more. I get so tired still by the afternoon, around 3-4pm. Seriously, like I could fall asleep for hours. Perhaps my lack of exercise is aiding in this feeling. Would make perfect sense. I imagine I should get some physical activity in now before my surgery - would help me in more ways than one.

Had a visit from PJ's Grandma today and it was lovely. We went to lunch in town and then walked around the square. The leaves are changing now and they were blowing every which way, it was stunning. My girls were just angels to boot - I'm so blessed. Ginger was better today, tired, but better. I'm still so paranoid about her - I'm checking on her all the time, feeling her belly in her crib to make sure she is still breathing. (I did this anyway, just more so now). Trying very hard to put her in God's hands over this seizure thing. Trying.

I'm just exhausted and can hardly keep my eyes open this evening, so my apologies for signing off so quickly. I felt fine today for the most part - my hot flashes have turned a bit more intense now. I get maybe, 3-4 a day average - and they encompass my whole head and shoulders, it's really weird. Before it was just like a spot or area on my head, but now, it's way more vast of an experience. Doesn't really bother me though - I mean, I notice them for sure, but I know they'll pass soon enough so I busy my thoughts elsewhere, and it's over with. Guess that's the key.

I'm haunted my some words that my OB said some time ago when we were discussing my oopherectomy. He said 'it's really not about quality of life for you now Dina, it's about quantity'. What? So I'm supposed to be miserable but living a long time? After contemplating this statement, I really believe life it what you make of it, no matter how long you have (which none of us every really know), or what disease you've been dealt in this life. So, I'm not going to let a dr determine my quality of life. We all have choices in this life, some choose misery, some choose joy. I'm choosing joy and we all have the power to live a happy, long life.

On that note, I'll definitely try to blog earlier in the evening. Too sleepy now -

God Bless -

No comments:

Post a Comment