About Me

My photo
I have breast cancer and am a snappy dancer

Monday, December 7, 2009

And He Huffed, And He Puffed..........

As I'm typing we are experiencing a huge storm, our electricity has gone in and out for the past hour or so, and our neighbors fence just fell down, thus releasing her 2 great danes. Needless to say, I'm going to keep this short, and Snickers in the house till the morning. Hope she went pee already.

I think I had too much weekend (as if that is reason to complain!) as it took me until mid-day it seemed to get my head screwed on straight. I was just tired I think this morning. Let's put it this way, I pull out onto the highway to take Madeline to school and my eyelids felt heavy. What the hell? I was like - I just got into the car! Why am I tired already! And I was dressed completely inappropriately for the weather today - the winter storm pulled in and it went from light rain when I left to full on snow when we went to leave school. Madeline was so funny - she runs out to meet me when I picked her up (one of my favorite parts of my day) and yells, head-turning loud "Mom! It's snowing outside!!!" We went to leave and I just let her and Ginger run around in it for a bit before we got into the car. It was awesome. Madeline immediately ran right out into it and stuck out her tongue. Ginger wasn't quite sure what it was, stood there, let out a big yell, then ran out into it laughing. This is what's important. Not Christmas cards, or 'what am I going to get her' or 'they got me something so I guess I need to get them something' - as much as that USED to seem important to me, and it was - VERY important - ya know what? Christmas is going to come and go and then we'll all be back to what we were all doing before and none of it is going to matter. What DOES matter to me now? I think the season is made to love on those who don't have anyone to love on them, give back, and shower the people in your life that have shown up for you with love and simply enjoy their company. What a blessing to have each other in this life.

At dinner time I've resurrected a tradition that was done at the dinner table when I was growing up. Once we have said grace and are all eating, we all go around the table and tell what the best part of our day was. It is really fun. Madeline said it was school, PJ said it hadn't happened yet as his was going to be going to bed (cue eyeroll pls) and mine was watching my girls play in the snow. I like this because it makes you review your entire day, and reflect on the GOOD things, not the bad. You have to pick the BEST thing, and that is kinda cool.

Off to Sedona tomorrow, let's pray it all goes well. I'll most likely have my scan ordered and maybe booked as well, so we'll see about that. Hmmm. Trying to figure out how I feel about that still. Back and forth.

I'm still struggling with this transition back to 'new normal'. I don't know what I thought - that I would just go back to the way I looked before, that my hair would just suddenly grow right back into place, like those dolls we had growing up with the dial on her back that you would turn to make her hair shorter. Those were always kinda creepy to me, and never the same size as the other dolls, so she was always the outcast. Anyway, I digress. I don't know what I expected, but maybe I just feel like I look old. Like I look like and old mom, and I guess I kinda feel like an old mom, as I'm still struggling with this leg pain (I'm convinced now this is a pinched nerve in my lower back) and although I'm getting around pretty much the way I used to, I still find certain limitations with my surgery that just keep me from moving the way I want to. And - the hair. So short and weird looking - not a 'style' at all - it looks like 'hobo hair' to me. Like I just woke up and walked out the door, but in reality, I FIXED it - if anyone saw it when I actually did wake up, then they could totally see a difference. Frustrating. I suppose this all too shall pass. I just try to not look in the mirror as much. It actually seems to help. Go figure.

Well, need to go as the lights just flashed again. Huge storm tonight, I love it.

God Bless -

No comments:

Post a Comment