About Me

My photo
I have breast cancer and am a snappy dancer

Sunday, December 6, 2009

Whole Lotta Lord Going On

This weekend was filled w/ church stuff - but it was a blast. Not like it couldn't be, but it surprisingly was. Friday evening we did the 'Walk Thru Bethlehem' and it was really great. Madeline was pretty proud as she had already gone through with her class, so she got to kind of 'lead us' herself, which was so cute. Sat morning we got up and headed to our church to take our places on the float for the Christmas Parade. We had a blast. Madeline was so funny, and Ginger was such a trooper. We got there late so the only costume left for Madeline was this nappy looking lion - she was just thrilled to wear something. Then, once it finally started, Madeline falls asleep on me during the parade, can you believe it? She slept through the whole thing pretty much. Frickin hilarious.

Then today, we got up, went to church then headed out to Prescott National Forest to find and cut down our own Christmas tree. We were all so excited. We had a little picnic lunch and everything. It was really cold, but were able to catch a patch of sun for just long enough to eat our lunch and be on our way. The tree we picked out (ok, I picked out) was a little big - but it actually turned out fine. When PJ cut it down and held it up, I looked at him and said 'Um, oops - it's a little big' and PJ says 'Well, I can't put it back - it's going to have to do'. It is actually up in our house, all decorated and perfect. But I was worried for a little while.

Aside from having a little trouble still getting around (twisting or turning) I feel so great. I'm really needing to address the weight issue now, and PJ and I spoke about this at length this weekend. It 's been really strange, but I've just felt like I've been 'binge' eating lately. I don't usually do this, so this has been very strange for me to experience, but everything tastes so good to me now. I'm sure part of this is because I had lost my taste for pretty much everything for the past months, but I can't use that as an excuse. I think this may be a side effect of my brain just trying to figure out what to do next. I know if I start an exercise regime, everything else just falls into place. It always has - I feel so much better when I have my exercise routine in place. As silly as it sounds, I prayed about this a lot this weekend. I guess I never really thought about the transition BACK to the new normal. I think I may have assumed I would just go back to the way I was, but I have changed significantly - physically AND emotionally - that HAS to play a part in how this all will go down for me.

I have my calcium infusion this week, on tues actually. I think we'll be making an appt for a scan of some sort - CT or PET - not sure. I am anxious about this - because this is the first time I really KNOW I am cancer free - and see if it has come back anywhere else. Again, logically, it wouldn't make any sense at all for this to be true, but that doesn't keep me from being scared. Then I go back to that way of thinking, where I go when I get scared - and that is to God. I remember that He is with me always, no matter what. If it's back, it's back, we'll fight it together. If it's not, Praise God, and may I do what is expected of me with this life that has been given to me, again. I think this will be the thought process for me for the rest of my life. I believe I will need scans every 3 months, I'll find out on Tues.

Off to bed now - thought I'd share some pics from this weekend with you. I am so blessed to have this beautiful family. What a gift. Hope everyone had a great weekend.






3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful person you are, and you have a beautiful family!!!!!!!!!!! I cant wait to see the tree all decorated. Drive by my house at night and see it all lit up, the kids will love it. Come in and see my Christmas scenes too. Stop by anytime, Love Cat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that is what I would call a Charlie Brown Christmas tree! LOL Luv it!! Lots of room for ornamnents :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Above from Karen, oops, I always forget:)

    ReplyDelete