About Me

My photo
I have breast cancer and am a snappy dancer

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

The Statue of Creepy

So we survived the storm, and our neighborhood was dusted with snow this morning, it was lovely. The wind made our front yard look like Christmas Hurricane, but lovely nonetheless. Madeline's school was closed, so she got to stay home with Ginger and Grandma while PJ and I went to my monthly calcium infusion. I think we were one of the only people on the road this morning, we got there in Sedona in record time. In and out of there by noon, which is unheard of.

At my exam with my oncologist, I told her I had been short of breath more so lately than usual. She ordered a chest xray which they did right there, and all is fine. Guess I really am just out of shape. More on that later.

Then I told her of my continued bouts with my sinuses, it really hasn't changed much since chemo - and the damage done is still an annoying part of my existence. If this can be rectified, I'd really like it to be. I'd rather not go through the rest of my life with my nose running, waking up each morning with the most intense burning sensation and pain, and of course the lovely 'drug addict' wound I have inside my nose - great if I ever want to go as a cannibal for Halloween as I'm sure we could stick a bone through it, but not so comfortable for everyday life, ya know? No - you probably don't. So I have an appt with an ears/nose/throat guy on Thurs, and the infamous PET scan is scheduled for Monday morning. Merry Christmas! She wants to get one more in before the end of the year. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a bit nervous, and getting accustomed I guess to this being a regular occurrence for me now. Unfortunately they can't do simple blood tests on me (of course not). Most cancer patients can have blood drawn and a test can be done to measure their 'tumor markers'. Tells if there is any new growth of cancerous tumors - my blood doesn't tell people this, for whatever reason. They only way they can know is my a scan - CT or PET/CT. We're doing the PET/CT. This will be my third. Deep breath, and relax.

I'm sure this will just be the cycle of thoughts that will continue to go through my mind. I didn't feel 'sick' before, so it's not like I have this benchmark to go from, ya know? But then I remember that I can handle pretty much anything now. Bring it and I'll handle it. I've got God by my side, and together we can face anything.

I watched Madeline and Ginger cuddle up together on the couch this evening and watch How The Grinch Stole Christmas (the original) and even though it only lasted like, 2-3 minutes, it was absolutely precious. I am so blessed.

So I saw a picture of me today that PJ took of me and Madeline sleeping and I am not kidding, I looked HUGE! I looked HUGE and I looked like a man. It was frightening. This is not how I am, I need to seriously make some changes. No more brownies and ice cream Dina, JUST SAY NO!

So, I need to share with you all one of the creepiest things I've seen in awhile. When PJ and I would drive to Sedona, we would watch the progress of this church being built on the side of the highway. This GIANT catholic church, where we would joke that they had a 'whole lotta Holy Spirit' in there. Well, obviously we aren't going to Sedona as often, so we haven't seen the progress in a month and we look today they have put up these statues, these HUGE statues that are just, well, creepy? If we pulled over to take photos of this, than it had to be weird because it takes a lot to phase us. So check these out.

God Bless -




1 comment:

  1. Major CREEPY! What is the gold one?? Looks like a giant penis with eyes!

    ReplyDelete