About Me

My photo
I have breast cancer and am a snappy dancer

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Thank You Sir May I Have Another?

So, I wasn't going to blog tonight because I just got home about an hour ago from going all day. Tired. But I must share this experience with you real fast, freaky and awesome all at the same time.

I ended up driving to Phx this afternoon to seen Dr. Mo because I wanted to make sure what I was feeling the past couple days was not infection. That, would be bad. This was the first dr appt I've gone to on my own. PJ and Madeline were ringing the Salvation Army bell in front of Walmart today in town. How frickin sweet is that. Anyways, as it turns out, my doc, who is awesome, says it is NOT infected (thank you God) but since the irritaion on the left side is where there is a, well, like 'kink' in my expander he was going to go ahead and have Veronica (also frickin awesome individual) give me my first fill. Wha? He also told me that I should not be on the prednisone as that prevents healing. Didn't know that. Sorry. Oops.

So wow, here I am getting my first fill - he ordered 100 cc's in each side. The normal is 50. Veronica comes in with this tiny 'stud finder' if you will - she passes it across the top corner of my breast to find where the 'port' of the expander is. Once she finds it, she gets this ginormous syringe - I mean, like Tom & Jerry cartoon syringe - this is when I decide to turn my head. She is constantly talking here, and I barely feel the needle penetrate the skin, then I feel pressure. She slowly pushes the fluid into my expander. Each syringe only holds 50 cc's - so she has to do this twice on each side. My chest feels heavy, and no lie, I'm like a whole cup size bigger. It is CRAZY! This took all of about 15 minutes tops. I bled a little bit, but no bandaid needed, nothing. Shot it in and then I was done. Now, I have to say, my chest muscles hurt before, they REALLY are sore now. Wow. So thank you Dr Mo - I got my percocet prescription - ahhhhhh, sleep tonight hopefully.

Thought I would go ahead and post a pic of me, cancer free with my new little do - thank you Sami for being sweet enough to request this. I forget how quickly my looks are changing, it's amazing.

Must sleep now, feeling the effects of the drug and feeling groovy. God Bless all -




5 comments:

  1. I'll bet Madeline was adorable ringing the bell. If you haven't already seen this, you should check out the latest stunt pulled by Improv Everywhere: http://bit.ly/84qCHC Since Madeline's been a bellringer, she will probably get a kick out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look absolutely AWESOME. I love the new 'do. Good work. And yes, I am jealous of the "expanding." I could use 100ccs each... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! What can I say?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG- you are such a MILF. Next we'll need pix of your huge boobs. ;) jk Miss you. You look amazing.. You can see it in your face... the new and improved Dina of Hotness.

    ReplyDelete