About Me

My photo
I have breast cancer and am a snappy dancer

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Moving In Stereo

Boy, is that the understatement for the day. Let's just say my first day on my new 'mood' medication has left me feeling, well, medicated. Not liking this too much at all. I feel today, and especially tonight, very fuzzy - not like chemo brain, that is different. This feels like I'm numb, numb and kinda don't care about much. Like I'm wandering around trying to figure out what to do next. Now, I don't know if this is just day 1 on this stuff, or if it gets better and I get acclimated to it, or if it gets worse - but when my husband says to me "I'm looking at you and I can tell you are not yourself - I can't see you in your eyes." Hmmmm, don't think I'll be taking this tomorrow. Yuk. Plus, I felt like I wasn't really excited about anything today - just going through the motions. I realize this is only day 1 - but it certainly is not very motivating for me to continue. Oh, did I mention this prescription cost $110 for 30 days?? Yea, my insurance covered $36 of it, my portion ended up around $110 - can you believe it? What do people do who really need this stuff to function??? What a crock.

So today, in my drugged state, I was invited to attend the years sermon planning retreat for my church. They wanted my input - how very humbled am I that they would even ask me. Come to think of it now, they were probably wondering why they invited me at all considering my gelatinous expression all day - oy vais. But it was really interesting, and so nice to be around adults for an entire day!! I almost broke into an Elmo song by habit, but quickly bit my tongue. ;-)

I'm not feeling very much myself right now, so I'm going to cut this very short this evening. My apologies, but I need to sleep off this one pill and get back to Dinaland tomorrow. I think I can handle me just fine, on my own, with a little help from my friends, family, and the man upstairs.

Signing off for now, God Bless -

No comments:

Post a Comment