About Me

My photo
I have breast cancer and am a snappy dancer

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

You Can Fly! You Can Fly! You Can Fly! You Can Fly!

I have had this song running through my head since we left Disneyland on Monday - from the Peter Pan ride. We had a BLAST at Disneyland and it has just been a whirlwind ever since so my apologies for not writing sooner. Disneyland was AWESOME! Madeline was such a trooper too - seriously. We arrived at like, 9:30 am and didn't leave until 5pm. She fell asleep once, on dad's shoulder while we were on line for ice cream, but I got her up once I told her the chocolate ice cream was melting. Funny how it works that way. We rode everything we wanted to and just had a blast. I was sorely reminded though just how many Disney stories I haven't read to her yet - Hello! C'mon mom! Get a clue! So I now need to search for these books and get them into our library - Pronto! Madeline was just the cutest - she got to meet Mickey and Minnie - and she saw Goofy and 'high fived' Tiger - it was priceless. Unfortunately, I wasn't aware of the 'line' to see the princesses - and we waited and waited and waited - but it was getting late and she was hungry, so we did not get to see Cinderella - bummer. Maybe next time. (no body dresses up walks around the park anymore, they all have their own 'areas' and you wait on line for photo ops - that's what not going for 10 years will get ya! So we rode rides, had lunch, rode more rides, had ice cream, came home, cleaned up, had dinner, then packed up and went right back for the fireworks which was the most beautiful I've ever seen. I felt like a kid - and being able to hold my own watching them was amazing. It was just the best feeling in the world. (we brought Ginger too to the fireworks) We all wore mouse ears and were tourists and loved every minute of it.

On Wed we went to Newport Beach and tried to keep the girls from running directly into the ocean. It was beautiful there at the beach, and the girls loved the water.

Then we left this morning and arrived back home here around 5pm. Long drive but the girls did just great. Such troopers.

This little 'getaway' was just what I needed, what WE needed. The past 6 months have been, well, probably the toughest of our lives here at the Prescott Mountcastle house - full of tons of different kinds of emotions - and we literally have been living our weeks from Wed to Wed for the past 4 months. It was so wonderful to go and just be a family defined by nothing but each other. I am very blessed that I was feeling good at all the right moments, and yukky when it was OK to feel yukky. More blessed that family opened their beautiful home to us, and just let us be us in front of them. It was so comfortable, loving, warm and welcome. I couldn't have asked for a better getaway. I am so glad to be home, but so glad we were able to do this - and so blessed our family helped it happen. Thank you Uncle Fred, Aunt Karen & Grandma Nellie - you have no idea how much joy you gave us all.

My PET scan is scheduled for Friday morning at 7:30 am. I will post the results as soon as I have them - even if it is on Friday or the weekend. I'm so anxious to see where we are now. Keep the prayers and good vibes comin - they are working.

Tired now - must sleep - MOPS meeting in the am. I read something tonight in a lovely little book sent to me while I was gone by one of my wonderful WOW sisters - it is called 'hugs to Brighten Your Day' - this is what I just turned to this evening:

Every day I am your way, your truth, an your life. You can reach out because I strengthen you in all you do. And as you give, watch Me multiply blessings back to you in overflowing ways.

Generously, Your God of Every Good and Perfect Gift


Is that not the most perfect little spiritual hug? So great.

God Bless - OH - here are some pics from Disney too, had to share. ;-)





No comments:

Post a Comment