About Me

My photo
I have breast cancer and am a snappy dancer

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

All The Single Ladies!

OK - Can't get this song out of my head this evening. If you don't watch "Glee" you are really missing it - this show is hilarious. I haven't laughed that hard in quite sometime. So needed the laugh this evening, felt good.

Went and got all my pre-op blood work and urine test and ekg done this morning. It is so funny, even though I've been here for just over 2 years now - I always expect things like this to take forever from my NYC days. Where you would show up for something and have to wait on line forever with all these people in front of you - not so here in the sticks. And everyone here is wicked nice, especially at this hospital. I remember when I had Ginger at this hospital, I was speaking with one of my fabulous nurses about how wonderfully nice everyone was and she explained it this way "hey - this is a small town - the odds of me running into you at the grocery store are really high - so it matters". She was right, I did run into her at the grocery about a week after I got out of the hospital. I'm really lovin the 'small town' stuff. In so many ways.

Feeling pretty good today - took Madeline for a haircut after school and she looks simply adorable. School pictures are tomorrow and her hair was starting to look kinda ratty, so this was a necessity. I'll post some pics when I get them, so cute. When we finally got home I played with Ginger then I think I just hit a brick wall I got so tired. So I tried to nap, but finding that hard too lately. Can't shut my mind off.

I just want Fri to get here so we can get on with this. It's like I wish I could push a fast forward button and everything would move forward. I hate it when I get like this, just want to hurry up so I can be done with it - when, in actuality, I should be savoring every moment.

Unfortunately the Advil PM is kickin in here, so I must depart for the evening - but found another line I wanted to share this evening from my devotional that struck me as particularly on point for me -

'Look into My face and feel the warmth of My Love-Light shining upon you. It is this unconditional love that frees you from both fears and sins.'

God Bless -

No comments:

Post a Comment