About Me

My photo
I have breast cancer and am a snappy dancer

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Oh What A Beautiful Morning

Waking up this morning, was a little bit brighter for me this morning than the mornings of the past 5 months. I have to say - I reflected on this important moment in my day, the thoughts I have when I first wake up - and in the beginning of this journey, I didn't even want the day to begin. I wanted to just fall back asleep and stay there. I certainly have come a long way from those mornings, and I can't believe it has only been 5 months. It feels like so much longer. It feels like a year - or so. My point is, this morning when I woke up, there was a joy in my heart that hasn't been there. It was quite nice.

Had the most amazing morning w/ Madeline - she woke up in our bed (of course) and was in a great mood. We wished her a Happy Birthday, and for some reason, she doesn't want anyone to sing Happy Birthday to her. She kinda freaks out. Not sure what this is about, but thank GOD I remembered to mention this to her teacher this morning so they wouldn't all sing to her - that kinda thing would like, scar her for life or something - talk about first day of school meltdown - at least that was avoided. She opened her presents this morning when she woke up, and I let her have whatever she wanted for breakfast - that's the rule in our house, you can have whatever you want for breakfast on your birthday. So she had a cupcake. She was thrilled to say the least. The it was off to school - and it was so great to take her to school, and for her to be so excited and happy and do just awesome at her first day. She's going to do so great this year, I can just feel it.

I was greeted by all my wonderful mom friends - who were just so excited for me and happy of the good news. I didn't quite know what to say at first, that feeling I get like I don't deserve the praise, or feel guilty of the attention because what if it comes back - but then I made myself just squash those thoughts entirely out of my brain. Why shouldn't I be happy? Why shouldn't I celebrate? Why shouldn't I be excited? My doctor was for God' sake, so why can't I be that way? And again, I know deep within my soul of souls, that this is real, and good, and God. I can trust it - and move with it. This is my beautiful life I've been given again, and I am ready, so ready to live it. So by this afternoon, and during our celebratory prayer circle time today, I am allowing myself to celebrate.

PJ and I were talking tonight, and I asked him if he thought God had anything to do with my scan results - cuz we don't talk a lot about these things together, but know we believe similar things. He said without hesitation yes, and that there was some science involved too, cuz it would be a waste to think I'd been pumping poison into me for the past five months for nothing, but yes, God had a lot to do with this, and the power of prayer. Prayer of others, and my praying myself, my faith.

Off topic - Ginger has started doing the cutest thing. She started really puckering up her lips for kisses awhile ago, which is frickin adorable - but now she like, is figuring out when to do this. I'll get after her for something, or scold her for something, and she'll quickly pucker up her lips real big and stick her face towards me for a kiss - well, of COURSE I'm going to kiss her, she's too darn cute - but isn't that funny? She already knows this, and knows when to use it. Oh, and she's coloring and favoring with her left hand too - I think we've got a lefty. I took her to the dentist today for her very first check up and it went really great. She was such a big girl. Had her first brushing - yea, the dental asst asked me "so how often do you brush her teeth?" and I'm like "Um, well, she's here now isn't she?" I felt like such a schlep. She's fine though - we just have to start brushing now. Our evening routine just keeps starting earlier and earlier and earlier.

Well, I need to get everything ready for treatment tomorrow - and we promise the chemo cam will get up and posted next week. We're using the weekend to finish it up. Not enough time in the day.

I thought this was so appropriate for my devotional today. I need to thank Sana for getting me this wonderful book. I quoted from this before as Pastor Mary referred to it, now I've got one of my own! Yipeee! Check this out -

Sept 1st
Seek Me with your whole being. I desire to be found by you, and I orchestrate the events of your life with that purpose in mind. When things go well and you are blessed, you can feel Me smiling on you. When you encounter rough patches along your life-journey, trust that My Light is still shining upon you. My reasons for allowing these adversities may be shrouded in mystery, but My continual Presence with you is an absolute promise. Seek Me in good times; seek Me in hard times. You will find Me watching over you all the time.

Thank you for all your well wishes - we are pretty happy here in our house. Ready for this treatment tomorrow. Game On!

God Bless -

No comments:

Post a Comment