About Me

My photo
I have breast cancer and am a snappy dancer

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Obla Di Obla Da

Today was a little frazzled, but good. Ya know, managing a 4 year old and a 16 month old is quite challenging. I know, you do what you have to do - but I don't know how moms with more than 2 do it. I barely have enough arms for the two I have and all the bags and shit that go along with them. How do women do it with more? I mean I remember thinking 1 was a handful, then you get the other one and you manage and figure it out - I suppose that's the way it happens when you keep adding more, but jeesh - wow. In any case, I obviously had a challenge being a mom of 2 today. But if that was the worst challenge I had today, then today was a pretty good day. And it certainly makes your morning go by quickly. Took Madeline to school, met a friend for a chat after that for about an hour and we let our little ones play together since they're about the same age, then had a leadership meeting, picked up Madeline from school, Ginger from daycare and hauled 2 girls and 4 bags out to the car, got everything settled and ready to go when you hear the infamous words "Mom - I've got to go to the bathroom" well, at least we hadn't pulled out of the parking lot yet - because there have been times we've had to pull over on the side of the highway and Madeline had to drop her pants behind the car and pee - a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do, ya know? Try explaining to a 3 year old that it's OK to drop her pants in traffic and pee on the ground. Trust me - you sound like an idiot. Anyways, we all went back in and went to the potty. All in all, it was a lovely normal mom morning and afternoon, and I loved every minute of it.

I'm starting to feel crummy now, so I'm going to keep this short - but ask for prayers for PJ's dad. He has been having some dementia problems for awhile, but they seem to have taken a more serious turn within the past 6 months. Had an episode at work today, and has since been admitted to the hospital for observation and testing. PJ & his brother are with him now, and are waiting to hear what they think the problem is. Another waiting game. It is so hard to play the waiting game, trust me, I know. Sometimes I wish the world would just stop so we could address all the issues we need to address and help all those we want to help one at a time - but life doesn't seem to work that way. It just keeps moving, whether you are on board or not. I think that is a choice each one of us has to make, to be on board, or not. Kinda like this whole 'God's will' thing again to me - you have to be an active participant in your life, in order for God to reveal himself. You need to show up for yourself, and for others, to reveal God's will. Sometimes we just don't feel like we can get to everybody that needs us is all, and that makes me feel bad.

In any case, please keep him in your prayers. I thank my friends again for feeding me and my family again this week - only one more week to go - can you believe it? I'm so excited. I should know a potential surgery date as well by early next week. So I'll keep you posted.

We have a birthday party to attend on Sat, one of Madeline's classmates from school, then church on Sunday - normal family stuff. I love it. I hope everyone has a lovely weekend. Be safe.

God Bless -

No comments:

Post a Comment