About Me

My photo
I have breast cancer and am a snappy dancer

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Drum Roll Please.......

We have laproscopic!!! Yea! I have the best dr. in the world - he was able to get my ovaries out without cutting me open. I'm doing fine, just real sore today so I'm laying low. Oh, and it seems I've been using the wrong terminology - so here's what I found out about the procedure that I just received - here's what wikipedia says:

"Oophorectomy (or ovariectomy) is the surgical removal of an ovary or ovaries. In the case of non-human animals, it is also called spaying and is a form of sterilization."

So - it seems I've had my 'oophers' removed - or in simpler terms, I've been spayed. No wonder my dog Snickers hasn't left my side since I've been home. We now have something special in common.

Thank you for your prayers. They, again, have worked. I'll post more on Sunday, just wanted to share the good news.

God Bless -

4 comments:

  1. Aaaaaah - finally a sister I can relate to. Having been spayed myself it is nice to know another woman who is brave enough to call a spade a spade. ;o) -- Martha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too ... had my ovaries removed a few years ago. That laproscopic surgery is really something.

    Love your humor ... all the best to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's exactl what my nephew told his whole class room at show and tell when my sister had a hysterectomy, that his mom was in the hospital being spayed. Fortunately he was just doing the tell part :)

    Love you and we are sending prayers your way!
    Uncle Fred and Aunt Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hurray! Awesome! It is over, you are doing great and one more surgery and honey you are there. Your book is waiting....we all love you.

    ReplyDelete