About Me

My photo
I have breast cancer and am a snappy dancer

Thursday, June 18, 2009

It's A Beautiful Day

Not sure what the song title theme is w/ me lately, but U2 has surfaced this evening as indicated above. And that it was today in lovely Prescott, AZ. It felt more summery today, and I was fortunate enough to get out and enjoy it a bit. Spent the morning w/ my friend Chris today, where we walked in the park w/ Miss Ginger and chatted. I'm so blessed to have such lovely people in my life. Thank you for you today Chris. Thank you.

Today was good, still soaring from yesterday, but got real tired when I got home w/ the girls this afternoon. We all went down for a nap. (Well, Ginger and I did - Madeline is fighting me on these afternoon naps as of late - arg!) Woke up in a bit of a funk, just not feeling up to par, which is normal - effects of treatment #2 in cycle #2 are coming into view - which can be discouraging sometimes. Mostly I just feel really dumpy tonight. Totally out of shape and overweight tonight. I joined Curves and just can't seem to get in as often as I've wanted to. I only have like, 2 days a week that I feel really strong, so I've been shoving everything else into those days, where I really need to be shoving exercise into that time. We are starting to walk in the evenings as a family after dinner, but the girls patience doesn't really last that long. Guess I'm just having a 'blah' moment this evening. My mom used that term when I was a kid and didn't want to go to school. It didn't happen that often, so my mom would ask "Are you sick?" and I'd say "no" they she'd say "do you just have a case of the 'blahs?'" and I'd say "yea" so she'd let me take a blah day' off from school. I thought she was just about the coolest mom ever.

Also, weird side effect coming to light tonight - my fingertips and the bottoms of my feet feel like they've been burned or something. Really sensitive, not tingly, just sensitive and reddish. Weird - right? And - my hair on my head is kinda growing in - blond little stubblies. Again, weird. And itchy. How cool is it my hubby is continuing to keep his head shaved while mine is gone. He rocks.

Making our way through medical bills tonight, which is always an enlightening experience. Just rec'd notice our insurance company, who already raised our monthly premium at renewal this month, is raising it again in Aug because, get this, I turn 40 in July (I can't even believe I just wrote that) and I'm now in a different age range so our premium goes up again in Aug. Total increase monthly of about $120. That is steep for a family with one income. We'll make it work though, got to. We're stuck with this insurance company for quite awhile, not like I can go anywhere else, right? I think this cancer thing kinda falls under the 'pre-existing condition' clause, don't you? And yes, not to worry, I've already written to President Obama on the issue, I'm sure he'll get right on it. ;-)

Speaking of by b-day, I remember telling my husband months ago that I wanted this huge bash for my 40th - just total chaos and fun - now, I just want to let it go by quietly. Maybe we'll delay the 40th bash for a year or so, when I'm not bald and going through this treatment - when I'm cancer free - right? Sometimes it scares me to even type that - cancer free - like I'm setting myself up for a big disappointment. Working on that.

Well, getting tired tonight, so I'm turning in. Thanks again to all of you thinking and praying for me - keep it coming, I'll take all the good vibes I can get. We keep all of you in our prayers every night. God Bless.

1 comment:

  1. CANCER FREE......Right, Don't ever be disappointed, God needs you to be strong and to ask for his help. Dina, he loves you with all his heart. You are a miracle to him. We love you sweetheart. clc

    ReplyDelete