About Me

My photo
I have breast cancer and am a snappy dancer

Friday, May 22, 2009

The Burn Means It's Working!!!

Will keep this short this evening, not much to tell. My side effects today are not nearly as dramatic as they were last week, which is good - right? I get very confused, sometimes the theory of 'the burn means it's working' call fall a bit short. I mean, according to Lisa, my friend who is a dental hygenist (and makes a mean chicken corn chilli) says that burn is bad - but when it comes to my reaction to my chemo treatment, part of me feels like if I 'm not feeling miserable, maybe they gave me the wrong stuff? Silly, yes - but on my mind in any case. I slept most of the morning, and stayed in my jammies all day - literally. I haven't done that since I was like - well, a long time ago, we'll leave it at that.

My tummy has been churning all day, that's really about it. I took TUMS but that didn't really seem to work - so my father graced me with a bottle of his Gaviscon - which is revolting. Absolutely revolting tasting - why aren't all these things just regularly flavored? Who wants 'chalk' flavor? No one! No one does! Why do they make things that taste like this? Arg - anyhow, it worked. Once I got it down w/o throwing up - thank God.

Then Jennifer Medina brought us the yummiest pork chop dinner this evening (suggestion of serving this over garlic toast - BRILLIANT! that's how we are going to eat pork chops from now on) - thank you so much. I wasn't sure if I was going to be hungry for anything, but this was perfect - and so nice to not have to worry about cooking for my family. How blessed we are to have such wonderful friends to bring us meals - this helps so much, you have no idea.

I have adventurous plans for errand running tomorrow - we'll see how it goes. We usually start out, and the rule is if I start feeling tired or weird (I call it chemo brain now) we come home and I rest. Hopefully, today was the worst of it. So - I'll pray for no chemo brain tomorrow so we can go grocery shopping. It's the little things, really.

Nighty Night
;-)

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy that your doing so well. I just wish that i was up there helping you out with the girls. I love reading your blog. It makes me feel closer to you then we ever have been. I know tha we have been a close family but to me it makes me happy. Please let me know if you need me to come up on a day to help with the girls. I would drop everything to do so. I love you. Britt

    ReplyDelete