About Me

My photo
I have breast cancer and am a snappy dancer

Saturday, May 2, 2009

Dina's New Look!! for now.......
















Well, Michelle went with me and my most favorite hair stylist anywhere (Patti at Wild Manes in Prescott Valley - go see her she's awesome!) gave me a very cute haircut. So I now start my photo documented journey. (yes, that's natural curl in the back - who knew?!?)

I do think it's cute - but to be real honest, I've already begun detaching myself from my hair. It's not important. In the big scheme of things, this is the least of my worries. I'll need to remember this when it actually starts to fall out, but this is really how I feel. I was upset at the first cut - but then, I saw my face and it actually looked much better - I felt a whole lot lighter - physically and in spirit. At least now I know what short haircut I want when it starts to grow back!! One thing I did not anticipate, was the tattoo I have on the back of my neck now displayed for all to see. When I elected to get this, I specifically wanted this in a place where I chose who saw it when I pulled my hair back or chose to show someone. Little did I know this choice would be taken from me my this disease. So - everyone who didn't know before (not that many, hellllooooo!! who didn't know that I was a Obama supporter!! with my big mouth??) will now know that I am a LIBERAL. And there you have it. I think I'll wear a scarf to church tomorrow, still not ready to bear it all quite yet - not in this manner. We'll see.

My friend Jennifer came out again with her precious boys to stay w/ me and the girls while PJ went and got his haircut. (the last haircut he had I gave him, needless to say, he REALLY needed one) I'm still a bit sore and Ginger has discovered my surgery site and is VERY interested in poking me with her tiny little finger. Ouch. It is so nice to just hang out and chat w/ Jennifer. She is so positive and wonderful to me - I am ever humbled. She always just seems to say the right thing - something I really need right now.

My father and Nancy are coming to dinner tonight, so this should be nice. Looking forward to a normal Sunday tomorrow. I still have my moments of sadness - they just seem to sprinkle my days. I wonder if these will go away, get more frequent, change - I don't know. I know I don't like them. I know that medication is something that is available to me - and I think I will know if I go far enough to that side where I'll need those, I don't think this is it I just try hard to continue to replace these dark thoughts with prayer, stories of hope that I have heard, and the positive things people say to me. We'll see where that leads.

5 comments:

  1. Hey D! I think the new hair cut is hot! I would never have guessed you would look so good with it short, but then again, you are always B-E-A-UTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look absolutely STUNNING!!! Way to go!!!! You are always beautiful and will remain so because of your soul and spirit. PJ looked pretty good with his hair long. Maybe he should grow his hair long, you know, hippy like?! That would balance it out, yours short, his long. Yup. ") Love you lots……….

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW you look good girlfriend!!!!
    I love keeping up with you on your blog, thanks for keeping us all posted. Keep the Faith :)
    love ya
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, look at you!! You look fabulous!!

    Always continuing to send lots and lots of prayers and love your way,
    Robyn~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darling, you look exactly the same you did 22 (Jesus God, has it been that long???) years ago when we graduated SHS. You're right, the hair, the looks are not the important thing but in case you had any doubt, you do still have it totally going on, and hey, it all helps, right? Keeping you in my prayers & sending love.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete