About Me

My photo
I have breast cancer and am a snappy dancer

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Sweet Emotion.

That was by far the best Aerosmith song ever. And completely appropriate for my day today. Today I had a somewhat normal day, taking Madeline to school and Ginger to the dr for her 12 month check up (3 shots - but she took it like a trooper). All day though was this underlying fear of what is to happen tomorrow. I know this is a good thing - and finally, thank you God finally, SOMETHING is happening to kill this stuff. That - will feel good. It's the side effects that is the big unknown to me. I'm trying really hard to hear the advices of women who have been there - I know I just have to face it and plow right through it. I've prepared the best I can, I just need to do it now. My dear husband knows when I need some quiet time alone, and graciously suggested I take the car into town to get gas and milk for the girls after dinner. Which I did - I listened to some music given to me by Kelly, which was just beautiful - this will definitely be on my 'Chemo Playlist' for my ipod. Thank you Kelly. And mostly I just prayed out loud. More like chatted w/ God really - about how I was feeling, I was scared, anxious, ready, not ready, worried, angry, every emotion you can imagine, I think I feel - daily. It's exhausting. Bottom line? - I'm a really good mommy to my little girls. I'm a really good wife to my husband. I'm a really good friend and daughter. Nothing is going to stop me from continuing to be these things, nothing.

Then my mind kinda wandered for a minute - maybe I'll be electric or something? Or magnetic? Maybe I'll be like, bionic - that would be cool. I think I've been watching way too many Xmen movies. Ya think?

I'm going to keep this short tonight as I want to get a good night sleep and cuddle w/ my hubby - so I will close with this.

We were saying grace tonight before dinner, and I thanked God for all the wonderful family and friends he has blessed us with, and to help us accept help from people because we don't easily do that. I then started to ask for strength, courage and conviction for tomorrows treatment and I started to cry. Madeline asked me "mommy, are you crying?" and I said "yes" Then she reached over, we grabbed hands and she said "I'll take care of you mommy." Blessed - I am truly blessed.

Thank you as always for lifting me up in prayer - my appt is at 10:45 tomorrow - may the champagne of chemo flow bright through me tomorrow and kill these cancer cells in their tracks!!

Game On!

Dina

3 comments:

  1. Our prayers are with you and your family. ~Adelia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dina- LOTS OF PRAYERS GOING YOUR WAY!!!!!
    LOVE YA - Amy Cashatt

    ReplyDelete
  3. A champagne of chemo??? Hmmm- I like that imagery! yes- stick with that. I wonder if one day we will know just how many people have been touched by your story and circumstance and have been brought closer to the Lord as a result. I think it will blow us all away and bless your socks off! For now, rest in the comfort that there are thousands who will stand in the gap and pray for you when you get too tired, or sad, or scared or just pissed off. (okay- don't let the church know I just said p@#$ed off! :)
    Remember 1 John 4:4. Love you so much, Pr. Mary

    ReplyDelete