About Me

My photo
I have breast cancer and am a snappy dancer

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Cancer? We Have Lift Off!!!

Today's treatment went perfect - thank you God, thank you all for your prayers. My body has acclimated itself to this, and we had a great day today. (as great as it can be when you're getting poison pumped into you, but you catch my drift) I had a wonderful set of nurses tending to me today - and my blood work came back, to quote my doctor - "perfect". So I really feel like I'm on my way and into a groove now. I have to say I was a bit anxious, but a quick prayer with a friend on my way in and my own little prayer before they hung the bag of Taxol and I was good to go.

I met the most wonderful new friend today. My doctor thought it would be helpful to meet a patient of hers that has a similar scenario to mine. She is wonderful. Her name is Ann, and I've attached a pic of her and I today while I was having treatment. She is so inspiring and wonderful - diagnoses originally in 1997, metastasis diagnosed in 2001 - and now remission. She is so sweet. We exchanged email addresses and will stay in touch.

Wonderful CAT watched my girls for me today, and I thank her for this so much. My treatment days are long - considering travel time as well. On a good day like today, we left at 8:30 am and got home at 3pm. These are long periods of time to ask ANYONE to give up, and I am so graciously blessed to have people like CAT and my other mom Nancy to give up their time to help us. Thank you. (well, it doesn't hurt that my girls are obnoxiously cute and complete angels too, but who's bragging?) Seriously, I can't thank you enough.

I feel good tonight, just tired. Only because I didn't get much sleep last night - like 3-4 hours at most. The medication they gave me to take last night before treatment was a little harsh on me. Couldn't sleep. So I'm tired tonight, but really feel great. (thank you steroids!!) We had a meal made for us for dinner tonight (thank you Jennifer) so that made dinner time a breeze, then we all took a walk around the neighborhood tonight for about 30 minutes. It was lovely. I feel good - as good as I can, I'm just so eager to continue to fight this thing. I pretty much know what's coming tomorrow and the next day - so hopefully there won't be any surprises, and I'm ready if the rash thing rears it's ugly head again. So maybe this is a new routine laying itself before us. I'm praying for that - routine is good, very good for Dina. Ahhhhhh - routine.

OH - you know what's funny - this is a personal observation of mine, so sorry if this makes anyone uncomfortable. In getting out of the shower, I notice that FINALLY the swelling has pretty much gone completely down in my right breast where the excisional biopsy was done - do you know that finally my boobs are the same size? Finally - the girls match - go figure. PJ of course had to confirm this for me - which he HATED doing (;-)) But who would have known - now that they finally match, I gotta get them removed most likely after the first of the year. Which, if you think about it - they'll REALLY match then. Woo Hoo! D cup here we come! (that seems like such an easy decision now - funny how things change so quickly when you're life is at stake)

Madeline is back to school tomorrow, and I get to go to MOPS tomorrow like a normal mommy which I'm thrilled to do - so of to bed I go. I also took some pics of what it looks like just outside the cancer clinic - this place was not put here in Sedona by mistake - it is the most inspiring, peaceful place - such power. I know I have the most wonderful medical people taking care of me, and the most wonderful family taking care of me - which has stretched farther than I ever could have imagined - I consider everyone praying for me my family - they continue to lift me up and I feel this every day - the pics don't do it justice. Just breathtaking.

God Bless -

dina



3 comments:

  1. I am so glad that it went well! Thanks for the honor of keeping your girls company! Call anytime, it makes me so happy to be around them! They and you are wonderful blessings!!!!! Love Cat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear that you are getting the whole process under your control. How we deal with our cancer can make a huge difference and this is all about taking control. You sounded so scared when you first went on the Team Inspire Group and I hope we have helped to give you the confidence to make it through. I noticed that doll in the posting about your first treatment. Was that your version of my "You are loved" Eeyore?

    Sticki Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dina, you are so very blessed. The entire world has you in their prayers and is reading your blog. We love you gal.

    ReplyDelete