About Me

My photo
I have breast cancer and am a snappy dancer

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

God's Will? Hmmmmm.........

Today actually ended up being a good day - much to my surprise. This morning my husband and I woke up in opposite beds once again - me w/ Madeline in her twin bed and him in our great big king size bed with Ginger. These nights have got to change. Oy. Honestly though, I find it very healing to sleep w/ Madeline sometimes. She is just a very healing little child. I don't know how else to explain it. The night I got my haircut, I was reading her a bedtime story and she interrupted me to say "mommy - I think your hair looks beautiful". Such a sweet little soul she has.

Anyhoo, I went to WOW today, a Women of Wisdom class I take on Wed at the church. Unfortunately, the class that I really bullied my way into because when I went to sign up it was full - I haven't been able to participate in much this session because of this stupid cancer thing. Today's class will be the last one I'll be able to attend because my chemo will be on Wed starting next week. So it felt good to go. My girls in tow - with us all singing Beyonce 'All The Single Ladies' on the way into town (okay, Ginger doesn't really sing, but she smiles real big, claps and kicks her feet, it's adorable). The worship portion was awesome, then when we broke into our classes I got to give Pastor Mary a big hug - she even called me her favorite little liberal - I should've gotten that recorded, eh? ;-) I am not going to reveal anything about this class experience, as we all take an oath of privacy of all things shared in these sessions, which I highly respect. I will however share with you what I experienced within myself this morning, because for me, it is monumental.

A fire was stirred in my soul today. As I have stated, I know that my purpose in being placed on this earth was to meet PJ, become his wife and partner in this world, and have these 2 angelic little girls and be their mother. God did not will this cancer on me - man and environment have done that. What God does create is smart people developing medicines and cures for these diseases and brilliant caring doctors to facilitate them. After holding my seizing child in my arms this past weekend, I am most certain of God's plan for me - and that is to love, protect and raise my children to become smart, strong, confident women who are not afraid to be who they are out in this world. Women who make a difference in other people's lives, and give back to their community. God did not intend to have this all taken away from me. However, do not think that I am just going to sit back and watch God fix it - I don't think he does that either. I must fight for it, and dig deeper within my soul to connect to him, and those around me. I am more ready for this fight than I thought I could be. To wrap up this thought, PJ and I read Jeremiah 29:11 tonight, and I do not reach for the bible on a regular basis. After reading this, it just may be time for another tattoo after treatment. ;-)

My other friend Jennifer, sent me some of the little scarf hats she wore when she was going through chemo. Since my hair is short now, I went ahead and tried one on and ya know, it doesn't look that bad! Madeline wore one and I wore then other - then of course she wanted to trade, but we wore them together all through dinner. I figure not only do I need to get used to this, my girls do too. It went over much better than I expected. Thank you Jennifer - and I really like them, I will probably want to get more from your friend who makes them - they are great.

Tomorrow I get to do more normal things like take Madeline to school, go to MOPS - then we are heading down to Phx for an overnight stay with my brother in law and his partner as we are going to check out a vehicle for us. It would be much more economical vehicle for us to take to treatments, so we're going to have a mechanic in Phx check it out and see what the deal is. If it makes sense for us to purchase, we'll do it. I have to say though, that a paint job is required for this car before we get behind the wheel. Why you ask? Well, remember that nothing normal happens to our family - everything that happens to us has the essence of 'quirk' attached to it. This car just happens to have had something extremely foul keyed into the trunk portion. Are you ready? It says 'F*(* You' on the back end. When I was told this, I literally said "what???? it says what?????" I figure, I could just add 'cancer' to it if I couldn't get the paint job done right away. Kidding. In any case, if the price is right and it all checks out - we'll get the curse car a new paint job and drive it back up here. Too funny. I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried.

Night Night for now - Pray for a quiet night in the Mountcastle house.

4 comments:

  1. 2 things my favorite liberal friend--

    Scripture tattoos ROCK! My newest (and only my second) is Gal. 2:20 --- it is my life verse. Jer. 29:11 would look fab on you when all this @#$% is over!
    And while not pastorally politically correct I like leaving the marred car and adding cancer to it! For what it's worth (okay maybe a few letters should/could be painted over! Love you and praying mightily, Pr. mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no idea what God has in store for you - or for any of us. But I am kind of thinking that while it might be a bit bumpy for you for awhile, it's gonna be good. You have such a strong spirit sweet girl and I think your journey is just beginning. I started reading your blog to lend support, etc. But turns out you provide my daily affirmation of life! How about that!
    God has big plans for you and PJ. This is all just part of the journey.
    Love you and we are sending prayers and good thoughts to you, PJ and those precious girls.
    Aunt Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. You cannot paint that car! You just need to add the word "CANCER", you're right!! I feel your strength through your writing, but that car will just lay it on the line for people driving by you. You would look fantastic in that car with your fancy scarves and little girls. Nothing says empowerment quite like the F word and glam accessories. (we still have to keep a little NYC in ya).

    The pictures you had taken are beautiful, absolutely fantastic. You are so smart to document your life with your hubby and children like that. You're pregnancy pictures with Ginger were some of the best I've ever seen. Keep it up, you’ll look back on these pictures when you’re 80 and be so grateful you took them. Those little girls are too precious, i would record every face they make.

    You know I've taken a few pointers from you in the past, but the biggest one I'm getting from this whole experience is LOVE. PJ is amazing, your girls are such inspiration for you and you seem to have very supportive team of friends and parishioners beside you. I don't believe that God will cure you, but he is giving you the tools to cure yourself. And you have them baby, in abundance! Add one of my favorite Beatles songs to your road trip mixes. "All You Need is Love". All this positive energy, support and love is inspiring to me, and I'm not even the one with cancer... I wish I could do something remotely inspirational for you.
    You are truly going to tell cancer to F@ck off. I know it. love you much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dina, I am not kidding-I read each one of your entries at least twice because you and your family are so inspirational to me. I laugh, I cry, just like my favorite movies. :) Love, Dawn P.S. Don't paint the car! :)

    ReplyDelete