About Me

My photo
I have breast cancer and am a snappy dancer

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Is this a side effect or am I just really embarrassed???

So, I woke up today feeling really rested. Got my girls up and going for the day and really had energy. Little did I know this was because of the massive steriod dose they gave me yesterday to counteract my yukko reaction to the chemo. In any case, felt pretty good today. When I woke up and started to get into the shower, the palms of my hands and the bottom of my feet itched like crazy. Wierd. Then, when I went to my first MOPS Leadership meeting after dropping Madeline at school and Ginger in the nursery, I felt warm. (yes, I kept my crazy schedule - we'll see how long THAT lasts) Then I felt like I had a sunburn on my face, but only the heat part, not the burn part, ya know? In looking at myself in the mirror, I saw that my face was completely reddish - looked like a sunburn. After speaking to my clinical nurse, she tells me this is from the steriod medication they gave me yesterday. This lasted all day pretty much, from like, 9-4pm.

Then once I got home we went to Verde Valley again for PJ's dr appt for a vasectomy. D-day is July 10th - pretty simple procedure, and we were happy but sad that it was happening. We really wish we could have more kids to be honest, we just also wish we were younger and I was in a healthier state. In any case, this will be added to our schedule. Bring on the banana hammock baby!!!

This evening was full of lovin on my kids and hubby, pizza and salad for dinner. My hands started hurting this evening, hurting in the knuckles where you bend your hands and in my wrists where you rotate and bend your wrist. You notice this when you go to pick something up or use your hands with any strength. Then I noticed my hands started to itch a bit. I went to the listing of side effects of the clinical drug, and hand and foot pain was indeed listed, along with dry itchy skin. Yea. I just noticed a rash forming on the inside of my arms, red raised itchy rash. I just applied some benedryl itch cream, looked back at the list of side effects and indeed, blisters or rash on hands and feet or rash was was also listed. Yea again. I wonder if these side effects will happen all the time, or just some of the time. I'll call my nurse in the morning and find out. Looks like I'll be doing a lot of that - guess I'm hitting the ground running here, eh? Just kill this stuff, just kill it. Kinda hurts to type so I'm signing off for now. My hubby is giving me a back rub tonight, which really feels great - he's the best.

Much love and thank you to all - thank you for your cards, your prayers, your inspirational words - and thank you God - for all the wonderful things I have and all the wonderful people in this world and community who care about me. I am so very blessed.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Dina--
    Just discovered your blog (so I'm a little slow) =), read it all to get brought up to date--and then read PJ's, so that now I feel fully informed... I'm so glad you're trying to do a running account! It really helps the rest of us when we're trying to not "bother" you (I know...) at a time when we're sure you're really tired and hurting... It also gives me a guide as to the direction and focus of my prayers. People are always asking about you, yet I know that you're in the middle of so much that I'm reluctant to pester you with MY need to know! This does make it so easy. I also hope that it's less intrusive to reach you back in this way. You can read it as you can and look as you can catch it... Whatever. I'm rambling, but hoping you get a terrific message of how much we care and want to stay close to you in all that you're going through. (I did read every word!) Dina, you bless us all as you give us this opportunity to share and care. We're getting the T-shirts, thanks to Lee E., have ordered pink bracelets, and more... We will definitely stay in touch--we love you and PJ and those precious girls--and continue to pray, pray, pray! Pastor Carol

    ReplyDelete