About Me

My photo
I have breast cancer and am a snappy dancer

Saturday, May 30, 2009

Everything Tastes Like, well, Ass.

Boy is that the truth. I think this is the worst side effect yet, oddly enough. Sorry for not writing last night, not only was I exhausted all day yesterday, but I was also having a small pity party in my own honor, and neglected to invite everyone else. It was kinda a private thing, you understand. It didn't turn out to be as much fun as I had thought, so don't worry, you didn't miss anything. ;-)

This food tasting bad thing is a real bummer. I didn't realize how much I enjoyed food until now. I really hadn't given it a thought, but wow, this sucks. Although, thank you to Rhonda for dinner last night, I could actually taste that and it tasted very yummy and considering I was a walking zombie all day yesterday, it was so lovely to not have to cook for my family and we still had an awesome meal, so again thank you.

So my children continue to be such an awesome source of inspiration for me. When I have these down moments, my children always seem to do something to remind me of what's important and pull me right out of the down moment I am experiencing. Last night I started crying while I was feeding Ginger her evenign bottle, just upset at what's happening, upset that it's even happening at all - and frustrated we aren't out doing 'normal' family stuff on a Friday night. When Ginger pulls the bottle away from her mouth, turns to look at me, then blows me a kiss. Perfection. I smile and hug and kiss her. My girls are my source of inspriration, as stereotypical as that sounds. It is so very true. What a tremendous gift from God.

So - today, we are working on stuff around the house, which will feel normal. And, I've decided to make a hair appt to chop the hair off the rest of the way. Now that today is here, I almost backed out - but now, I figure it's just one last thing I will have to deal with if I go ahead and do this now, plus, the whole 'I control this thing, the cancer does NOT'. That's kinda important too.

Wish me luck today, I'll post some pics when it's all said and done. Mucho love to all and thanks to those of you who continue to pray for me and my family. It's working. Keep em comin!

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see your darling hair cut! You have a beautiful face and will look great no matter what you do! We love you all and are sending extra prayers your way today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The chemo is doing it's job. As much as the side affects bother you, they are working. Your children are the most important thing in your life right now other than PJ. So let them spoil you. You look so cute in your pictures.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete