About Me

My photo
I have breast cancer and am a snappy dancer

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Chemo Brain

Got a bad case of the above tonight, so I need to keep this short. Considering they loaded me up with Aredia (this is the drug I take once a month to put the calcium back into my bones the cancer is sucking out) then Benedryl, then Dexatrol (the steriod), then Taxol (chemo), then Neulasta (shot) - I'm a bit feverish tonight, have the most horrible taste in my mouth and everything I eat tastes awful. Other than that, I'm doing great! (note the sarcasm here if you please)

My husband has put me in the bedroom with the bed turned down and told me to blog twice tomorrow and go to bed tonight. I'm obvoiously not listening to him, cuz I have a computer in the bedroom too. (sneaky, eh?)

I don't have the joint or bone pain yet, and hopefully, won't get that - we'll see tomorrow. It's true - I've felt completely differently each treatment. This taste thing is really the worst I think - because you go to eat something you normally love, and it doesn't taste anything like you remember it tasting - it tastes really awful. I was just learning to deal with not getting hungry anymore, now when I do eat something, it tastes like shit. This baby weight is gonna fly off of me, I tell you what, one way or another.

Other than this evening, had a good day. Busy day, but good. I'm tired. It was Madeline's last day of school today, and she got to wear her jammies to school as they were having movie day. She looked so cute. Unfortunately I didn't get to pick her up and say goodbye to the parents and teacher for the summer - damned Dr. appt to check my port placement ran late. So that was a bummer to miss. Hopefully, I won't miss too many more of those moments, that's why I'm missing them now.

I'm literally falling asleep and it's not even 10pm - that's a first. I must bid you all a fair goodnight. We will see what tomorrow brings, nothing I can't handle I'm sure.

God Bless -

1 comment:

  1. Dina, you are blessing me so much with your blogging. It will probably get tougher before it gets better but YOU CAN HANDLE THAT. As much as you miss the taste of those wonderful foods that isn't there any more, that is a minor set back. So the food tastes like cardboard or whatever, for now that is ok. We love you so much. Cindy

    ReplyDelete