About Me

My photo
I have breast cancer and am a snappy dancer

Saturday, May 16, 2009

Saturday - In The Park - (well, Sam's Club really)

Felt much better today. Woke up to my sweet Madeline again, who grasps my hand in hers in the early morning hours (we both kind of wake up together at times then fall back asleep - we've done this since she was born) and she says to me "I'm right here Mom - I'm right here". I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried - this child of mine is connected to me in ways I cannot comprehend. She is amazingly healing and comforting to me - without even trying.

So my lovely husband let Madeline and I sleep in while he tended to Ginger, who doesn't know how to sleep in yet. Then when we all finally got up and moving this morning, I did feel much better. My leg joints were still a bit stiff, but only like I had run a good run the day before, that kind of tightness. Not too bad. The back of my neck is tight, but NO RASH!!!! This is really good - I was pretty happy. I do continue to take the anti-nausea pills in the morning only - don't want to even try to see if I need them, I just take them. So we ran errands today. Went to Home Depot and Sam's Club then got some lunch. I was ok - had to move much slower than I am used to moving - which is really strange to me. I mean, I'm tall anyway, and my stride is pretty long - it takes a normal person like, 3 steps to each of my 1 step - but anyway, it was difficult to walk like, well, like everyone else seems to walk in this town - too damn slow! I think this is God's way of making me 'slow down and smell the roses' - it's working. My head was a little fuzzy most of the day, but I was glad to be up and around and out in the world with my family.

The car got here last night, forgot to mention that. My husbands old boss and coworker were gracious enough to drive all the way to Sierra Vista and back here to Prescott in one day - yes, you read that right, they drove there and back in one day to deliver us the vehicle from PJ's grandma. Not to mention this car was arranged for us within a matter of days by PJ's Aunt and Uncle and cousins in CA - PJ and I discuss this often, that we no longer can find the words to express to people the thanks they deserve for the help they have given us. The english language just doesn't seem to have the right words invented for us to express how sincerely thankful we are to all of these people who have been so giving and nice to us. I just don't know what to say. We thank God everyday for the outpour of support we have been given and continue to receive. Again, we are truly blessed. To know things like this, meals, company, childcare, and some financial things as well, are not the huge concern they normally would be to us in dealing with all of this crap, is such a weight off of our minds. I don't want to even think where our heads would be if our scenario was different. We pray for others in our same situation to have the support and love we are so very blessed with.

Church tomorrow, let's hope I feel just as good, if not better than today. I do have this very wierd red rash looking thing on my legs near my feet. I'm fair skinned anyway, so they almost look like little red freckles - they don't itch or anything, they're just there. I noticed them when Madeline and I were giving ourselves pedicures this evening. Ginger kept crashing our feet party though, which bugged Madeline and made me laugh. My awesome MOPS girls dedicated their pedicures to me recently by having their toes painted "Dina Pink" - so Madeline and I have followed suit. PJ even said he would paint his toenails pink - what a man what a man what a man what a man what a mighty good man. (he's a mighty mighty good man)

No comments:

Post a Comment